Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Blog

Well, I've finally done it. I've made a blog.

I've been thinking about it for a while, actually. I wanted some online thing for my comics, but I wasn't sure what to do. I decided on a blog because it's the closest thing you can find to a "free website" (besides Wikispaces, which I've used before, but this seems more... "professional"). In fact, lots of cartoonists have blogs! Now I feel that I am one with them.

Anyway, I'll be using this blog for several reasons. I'll mostly be doing news updates on my latest comic projects, but I'll also post random drawings and stories for your entertainment.

Now for those of you who don't know me (how you got here, I have no idea), let me tell you a bit about myself. I'm thirteen, and I've been drawing cartoons since I was about six. I basically started off drawing Garfield and Bugs Bunny until I started creating my own characters. Over the years I've made many strange comic books, but I've never really thought about publication or anything until now. According to the cartoonists I meet at conventions, the easiest way is to make a blog or webcomic. Then once you catch peoples' attention, you may have a career ahead of you. I took their word for it.

- John Rioux