Sunday, May 6, 2012

Rabbit and Robot #9

Here's the ninth installment of the improvised series! Are you new to the story? You can read all of the Rabbit and Robot posts here.

















Today I'm going to tell you how I go about creating these comics. As it is an improvised comic, the first step is to simply sit at my desk, dip a nib pen into a bottle of ink, and start drawing. I use india ink on a sheet of Staples Heavyweight Printing Paper (I only use Bristol board for big projects, like Super Rooster). I don't even use pencils. I just start inking.

The next step is coloring. I scan the drawing to my computer, then use Corel Painter to start coloring. I also use the program to erase any mistakes, like that messed up "D" in the second panel. When I'm done, I save the file, and post it on my blog.