Wednesday, March 14, 2012

From the Archives: Moogie and Snat

For this week's From the Archives, I've got Moogie and Snat, a comic strip I created in 2008. The strip was about Moogie the cat and Snat the mouse, two best friends who lived in a city with many other street animals. They became friends when Snat saved Moogie from being hit by a car. Soon, Moogie's cat friends came to see him as a lunatic.

Here are a couple pages from the book:


In fourth grade, children's book illustrator Scott Nash visited our school. I got to meet him personally, thanks to my math teacher, and showed him a "portfolio" of my stuff. The portfolio contained several bad sketches, a colored pencil drawing of a construction scene, and this book, Moogie and Snat. Now, if I were him, seeing this book would be kind of freaky. But he complimented me and gave me some suggestions.

Come back next week for the next From the Archives!