Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Sad Story

Way back in February, I said that I was going to start a new Super Rooster series. I originally stated that it would come out in Spring. I wasn't finished with the script by then, so I moved it to Summer. Then I decided to stop working on that script, and I started a Sampler comic script. So I finished that script in June, and started the pencils. Four months later, and those pencils are still only a quarter complete.

But I've decided that I don't like the script. It's not that the jokes are bad, but I'm starting to lose interest in the idea as a whole. The setting and characters don't give me much stories to tell. Each one would go along the lines of "Evil animal uses something to catch chickens, then Super Rooster saves the day!" If I want to make this comic, I'll need time to make some changes and widen the possibilities, hopefully to create a more interesting comic.

But, no, I'm not going to bump up the release date again. I'm going to put the project on hold. This means that I won't be working on the current Super Rooster comic anymore, and I'll be starting other comic projects. I'm trying really hard to think of a cool webcomic idea, and I'm almost there.

Oh, yeah, and I've made a new rule for myself: Don't set release dates until the comic itself is complete.